Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fall Is In The Air

September first. I can feel the fall in the air. The days are getting shorter, the nights are colder, and today is the first Duck football game of the season. I love the Ducks, and I love football season, but I am not ready to say goodbye to summer. We typically have some warm days in September and October, before the real cold sets in; we're even hoping to get one more river float in, but there is no denying the change in the air. The squirrels seem extra busy lately. There is a squirrel nest in the tree next door. The occupant has been up early every morning this week, making that strange noise that squirrels make, and running from tree to tree. I think he is gathering and storing for the winter. Most of the fawns have lost their spots, and the does are starting to look motley as their fur changes to a winter coat. Our vegetable garden is showing signs of frost already. I'm not ready for summer to end; not ready at all, but I will say this: GO DUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment